Saturday, December 29, 2012

Antarctic Adventure 2012: Exploring New Zealand
  
After I got back from Antarctica I had a full day to myself in New Zealand. I decided to go on a bus tour of Christchurch and the surrounding areas. It was a three hour tour that had a much better outcome than Gilligan's Island.  I got to see the remnants of Cathedral Square, the Canterbury Museum, Botanical Gardens, Port of Lyttelton, Redcliffs and Sumner Beach.  It was a great way to see the surrounding area in a short amount of time. It gave me a very clear perspective on just how damaging the earthquakes over the past couple years have been. The city is severely damaged and will take years in order to repair and rebuilt.















1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great experience! I am glad that everything worked out this year. I went down to the ice in 2009 as a mid and had the experience of a lifetime, so I share in your enthusiasm. Please tell CDR Hager I said hello.
    Dan Ruffin

    ReplyDelete