Sunday, August 18, 2013

MACARENA 2013 Team Introductions - Riza Suriben

Greetings to our readers! This is 1/C Riza Suriben, a proud Oceanography major at the United States Naval Academy. I was born in the Philippines, grew up in Japan, and now live in the beautiful state of Washington. I come from a Navy family who loves to do all sorts of outdoor activities and travelling. After graduating, I plan on becoming a Surface Warfare Officer and eventually working in the medical or oceanography field.

Words cannot explain how excited I was when I first read the email about going on this trip. I am so thankful for the opportunity to work with such an outgoing and talented group here in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. This exact experience has always been a dream of mine! All I hope for is to come home with loads of new knowledge and awesome stories that I can share with family and friends and treasure forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment