Sunday, March 3, 2013

NAICEX 2013: Introducing the Team - Dagmara Broniatowska

Hello everyone!

I'm Dagmara Broniatowska, friends call me Dee. Like everyone else, I'm a senior at the Academy and I'm an exchange student from Poland. I was born in Warsaw, Poland, lived for few years in Moscow, Russia and I've joined Polish Navy right after high school in 2007. After two years I was selected to participate in the exchange program at USNA and chose Oceanography for my major. When I graduate I will be going back to Poland to get my masters degree and then off to the fleet.

It was my dream to go to the Arctic ever since I've heard about the USNA Polar Science Program when I was still in Poland. I'm very passionate about the role of the Arctic in climate change and I'm very anxious to experience that harsh environment on my own. I'm not gonna lie, even though I'm a skier, I always get super cold so this is definitely going to be a challenge for me. But anything is better than the hot and humid East Coast!

I'm actually on my way to Barrow right now with LCDR Woods to prepare everything for our experiment. We are 24h into the trip and already had bunch of adventures with our almost 800lbs gear load.
Hope you guys will follow our trip and enjoy the daily posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment